The IETF Administrative Oversight Committee (IAOC) plans to issue a Request for Proposal (RFP) in late May for a
vendor to perform the Secretariat functions when the current contract ends on 31 January 2012. To that end the IAOC
invites community comments on the draft Statement of Work (SOW) that is located at http://iaoc.ietf.org/rfpsrfis.html.
The community comment period will run from 6 to 20 May 2011. The IAOC will consider all comments it receives during
The Secretariat provides various meeting, IT, clerical, finance and other services to Supporting Organizations, including
Working Groups, Internet Engineering Steering Group (IESG), Internet Architecture Board (IAB), IETF Administrative
Oversight Committee (IAOC), and the Internet Research Steering Group (IRSG).
Changes in this proposed SOW from the current Secretariat SOW include, but aren't limited to:
1. Provision of IAB Administrative Services (IAB Executive Assistant)
2. Provision of NomCom Administrative Services (NomCom Executive Assistant)
3. Provision of RFC Publisher Services, which will replace the current separate contract, and
4. Adding the RFC Series Editor (RSE), Independent Submissions Editor (ISE) and Nominating Committee (NomCom)
to the list of Supported Organizations for which services may be provided in the future.
5. Production of minutes of the IETF Meeting Plenaries
6. Requirement to book meeting venues three years in advance, instead of two years
7. Requirement to cryptography sign Internet-Drafts
Community comment is due no later than 20 May 2011 to firstname.lastname@example.org. One may subscribe to that list here:
All information submitted in response to this announcement is voluntary and may be used in the development of the SOW
and a subsequent RFP.
Thanks for your continuing advice and support.
IETF Administrative Director